This property is situated on the fringe of Combe Down village, just down from the brow of the historic Ralph Allen Drive. Opposite is the National Trust's Prior Park, the former home of Ralph Allen himself, it is also now home to the highly regarded Prior Park College independent school. Situated in a quiet-cul-de-sac. Combe Down's rewarding valley top position provides stunning panoramic views of the city to the north with equally gratifying views of the Cotswold valleys to the south. The surrounding area cultivates ancient woodland which is the home of unique and local flora and fauna, ideal for family walks and leisure time. The village itself has a very high sense of community spirit and self sufficiency. With local amenities providing every level of schooling and childcare, doctors surgery, dentists and pharmacies. Within the village there is a highly reputed car garage, award winning delicatessen, art gallery, Bath Bakery, hardware store and Co-op mini-market. Locally a Tesco Express with petrol station and a large Sainsburys supermarket can also be found.
Also within close proximity is Widcombe high street offering even more amenities including Deli, Pubs and restaurants. Every level of schooling can be found in the local vicinity with three nurseries, primary school, Ralph Allen senior school and three independent schools in Prior Park, Monkton Combe and the Paragon. The local bus service is in close proximity providing half hourly services into the city. For the walkers amongst you Bath Spa station is a shade over 1 mile from the property and you are also afforded a plethora of countryside walks into an 'area of outstanding natural beauty' minutes from the village itself.
*Not available for students or sharers*
Upon the approach you are greeted by a low maintenance paved driveway with parking for at least four cars. A light spacious porch leads you to the hallway with a storage cupboard and cloakroom and the main staircase to the first floor. From here there is access to the kitchen/diner and sitting room. The centrepiece of this home is the large open-plan kitchen/dining room with a useful adjoining study/office. The kitchen is fitted with a range of modern wall and base units, integrated appliances, induction hob and wooden flooring throughout. To facilitate busy family life the ample size island comes complete with a pull out USB port/charging station. Double glazed doors lead to the patio area within the rear garden. The sitting room invites plenty of natural light through large double glazed windows to both the front and rear aspect. From the kitchen you arrive in another hallway with access to a good size utility room well equipment with additional cupboard/storage space and access to the rear garden. Further accommodation to this floor is a reception room with a variety of uses including a games room, bedroom or home office and there are also stairs providing access to the first floor.
Taking the stairs from the entrance hallway up to the first floor you find a spacious landing with access to three of the bedrooms and the family bathroom. The master bedroom has neutral carpet, built in storage and windows to the front and rear aspect. The other two bedrooms are of single size and with either built in or free standing storage. The modern family bathroom comprises neutral wall and floor tiles, white sink, wc and bath with shower. Through bedroom two there is access to a Jack and Jill shower room including a walk in shower, wc and sink. From here you can access another double size bedroom with large double glazed windows to the front and rear aspect.
Externally the gardens are well established with beds and shrubs. To the rear there is a generous patio area ideal for barbecues and entertaining and a low maintenance lawn. Outside storage is provided by way of a good size shed.
Council Tax Band
Tenant fees & Charges
1) A Holding deposit of £576.92 equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 14 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) of equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance of £2300.00 less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management, their clients and any joint agents give notice that: They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning; building regulation or other consents and TYNINGS have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.