An attractive stone built terraced cottage located on Summer Lane, set within the desirable and picturesque village of Combe Down. The cottage bestows a variety of original features from exposed stone walls to traditional wooden latched doors. On the approach to the property is a small picket fence and shrubbed front garden. Upon entering the porch you are drawn straight into the lounge offering a large Inglenook fireplace that contains a working log burner and exposed stone surrounding wall. Taking a step down into the kitchen is a newly fitted modern kitchen with white fitted wall and base units and a large understairs storage cupboard. From here is access to the rear garden.
Taking the stairs up to the first floor is a spacious and light bedroom one, with a sash window to the front providing views of the village lane and countryside, there is plenty of built in storage and an airing cupboard offering additional storage space. Off the landing you enter bedroom two, (due to its dimensions) best suited either as a study or dressing room. You access the bathroom through bedroom two, where there is a white modern bathroom suite with shower over the bath.
Externally, the rear garden is entered via the charming wooden stable door leading from the kitchen straight out into the paved garden, ideal for entertaining and BBQs. There are some establish shrubs and a decent size lockable garden shed offers further storage options.
This property would suit a professional person or couple looking for that idyllic country home with the advantage of close proximity to the city.
The property is unfurnished and includes a fridge/freezer, washing machine, electric oven and microwave.
Combe Down is a popular and picturesque village immediately to the south of the city of Bath. On offer is a variety of natural woodland (Fairy Wood, Long Wood, Klondyke Copse, Rainbow Woods) with a plethora of accessible public footpaths offering magnificent views overlooking the City of Bath and Midford valley. The woods are managed by the National Trust and incorporate the famous Bath Skyline Walk. This property is located in a sought after road within Combe Down village and well placed for all amenities including local shops and award winning delicatessen, bakers, doctors, dentists and pharmacies. The local bus service Combe Down also has an excellent school community with its nursery and primary school located in Church Road and a further pre-school nursery in Combe Road.
Stone mid terrace cottage, picket fence, small shrubbed front garden and on street parking.
Black and white stone flooring, part glazed wooden door to lounge.
13' 8'' x 11' 7'' (4.16m x 3.53m)
Sash window to the front aspect, pendant uplighter, smoke detector. wall mounted radiator, large stone inglenook fireplace with working wood burner, wooden latch door leading to kitchen and wooden latch door leading to first floor,shelves in alcove, wooden curtain pole, electrical meter and newly fitted neutral carpet.
12' 1'' x 9' 11'' (3.68m x 3.02m)
White wall and base units,neutral ceramic wall tiles, electric free standing cooker, large understairs cupboard,
13' 8'' x 11' 8'' (4.16m x 3.55m)
Sash windows to the front aspect, shelves in alcove, double built in wardrobe and cupboard space, pine curtain pole, airing cupboard with boiler and additional shelving,decorative iron fire place, newly fitted neutral carpet and pendant uplighter.
8' 11'' x 5' 8'' (2.72m x 1.73m)
Window to the rear aspect overlooking the back garden, pine curtain pole, one wall light, alcove, wall mounted radiator, wooden latch door to bathroom.
White ceramic wall tiles, white basin with modern chrome taps, white bath with wooden panelling, over the bath shower, glass shower door, white wc, grey ceramic floor tiles.
Paved garden, lockable garden shed, access from the road via easement through neighbours garden.
Tenant fees and charges
1) A holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 21 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance of £850 less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy
Average Download Speed 15.8Mbps
Maximum Download Speed Reported 43.7Mbps
Average Upload Speed 2.6Mbps
Maximum Upload Speed Reported 14.6M
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management, their clients and any joint agents give notice that: They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning; building regulation or other consents and TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Rental Applicants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.