Chapel cottage is situated on the outskirts of Bath within the desirable area of Lansdown. Ideally placed for both the Royal High and Kingswood Schools in addition and access for the M4, Bristol and the rest of Bath. The cottage has been refurbished to a high standard and you really will have the best of both worlds with picturesque countryside within a scenic historic setting and excellent proximity to the World Heritage City of Bath.
You approach the property via a long shared driveway with private gated access. It sits alongside a Grade II listed coach house and has its own garage and parking for two cars. The location is truly picturesque, nestled within the Cotswold area of outstanding natural beauty with plenty of leisure amenities being close by including Bath Racecourse and Lansdown Golf Club. The keen walker will really enjoy this location with a variety of walks in particular along Lansdown Hill with stunning views and pass Beckford’s Tower and museum. You will also have access to the Cotswold Way which is a 102-mile long National Trail, running between the market town of Chipping Campden and the city of Bath. The breathtaking, long-distance views are one of the many things that attract people to the trail. with thousands of walkers each year taking on the challenge. Look towards. The well regarded Hare and Hounds public house is close by and has an excellent reputation for fabulous food and views.
Having recently been refurbished the cottage provides a contemporary feel with neutral décor and flooring throughout. The finish is to a high standard with modern fixtures and fittings and the layout/configuration is flexible offering a variety of uses.
From the gated entrance you approach the driveway and take a gentle sloping path to the front door. The established front gardens are well maintained and provide a beautiful outside setting. Once inside the hallway is light and spacious, from here there is immediate access to living/dining room complete with a log burner, large sash windows to the front and side aspect and double patio doors opening out onto the delightful rear garden and patio area. A passageway provides access to the rest of the ground floor comprising two double size bedrooms, a family bathroom with free standing roll top bath, a country style fitted kitchen including a range of wall and base units, wooden flooring and double farmhouse style sink with a sash window looking out over the front gardens and a door providing side access to the property.
Taking the stairs to the first floor you immediately arrive on the landing with plenty of extra space to utilise as a snug or office. From here is access to bedroom one and at the other side of the landing a further bedroom/office space built within the eves of the cottage. Also, on this floor is a separate shower room and lots of useful built in storage cupboards.
The property has oil fired central heating. It also benefits from an intruder alarm system and external lighting for the pathways and parking areas.
The rear garden is laid mainly to lawn with established shrubs and a paved area running the width of the property. Tenants will be responsible for the upkeep of the rear garden.
A garage adjoining the property with parking for one car, a further car park space is also provided to the side of the property.
Tenant fees and charges
1) A Holding deposit of £576.92 equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 21 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) of £2884.61 equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance of £2500.00 less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.