A spacious and immaculately presented one double bedroom apartment. Situated on the first floor of a prominent Grade II listed building formerly used as a bakery in the 19th century. You enter through the front door into a communal hallway with stairs leading to the first floor. The first floor landing gives access to both the apartment and the upper second floor apartment. Once inside a hallway leads to both the bedroom and sitting room at either end. The bedroom is a very spacious room with two large wooden sash windows allowing the southerly aspect light to flood in. Further potential here to add bespoke wooden built wardrobes to the alcoves to create extra storage space. The sitting room is again similar to the bedroom with large wooden sash window making it a light room and potential to add bespoke wooden built wardrobes to the alcoves to create additional storage space. The kitchen has recently been refitted with new floor and wall units with integrated Neff double oven, ceramic hob, microwave and space for a fridge freezer. A large storage cupboard houses the Viessmann boiler. The kitchen leads you through to the shower room with glass shower cubicle with wall mounted shower, low level WC, wash basin, heated towel rail and plumbing for a washing machine.
Combe Down's rewarding valley top position provides stunning panoramic views of the city to the north with equally gratifying views of the Cotswold valleys to the south. The village itself has a high sense of community spirit and self-sufficiency. With local amenities providing every level of schooling and childcare, dentists, pharmacies and 'outstanding' surgery. Within the village there is also a car garage, award winning delicatessen, hair salon, beauty therapist, bakery, post office and Co-op mini-market. Locally a Tesco Express with petrol station and a large Sainsburys supermarket can also be found. Every level of schooling is offered in the local vicinity with three nurseries, Academy primary school, Ralph Allen senior school and two independent schools in Prior Park, Monkton Combe, both within walking distance of the property. Nearby you will also find the excellent country club Combe Grove Manor, which provides fine dining, gymnasium, swimming facilities, golf range and tennis courts. The local bus service is in close proximity providing regular services into the city. For the walkers among you Bath Spa station is a shade over 1.5 mile from the property and you are also surrounded by a plethora of countryside walks with the famous Bath Skyline walk being close by too.
Standard broadband up to 17Mb (Estimated 12Mb)
Fibre optic broadband up to 276Mb
Virgin super fast broadband recently installed in the village.
Band - B
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Permitted fees and charges
1) A Holding deposit of £190.00 equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 21 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) of £951.00 equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance of £825.00 less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.