The property is situated on the southern edge of the city close to two highly desired villages of Bear Flat and Combe Down. Both provide all the amenities and services you could require and with a Tesco and Sainsburys supermarkets nearby too. Local leisure facilities are provided by Entry Hill golf course, Hampset cricket club, Baskervilles gymnastics centre, Odd Down playing fields with its cycle track and the gorgeous Alexandra Park with its unique views of the city. There is an abundance of local schools with Beechen Cliff for boys and Hayesfield for girls, Saint Gregorys, Saint Martin’s primary and Three Ways whilst Combe Down offers co-ed in Ralph Allen, two nurseries and two primaries. The private schools of Monkton Combe and Prior Park are also within a short drive. The city centre is within walking distance, with Bath Spa station approx. 1.5m away, and there is also a regular bus service running seven days a week very close by.
The property is set in an elevated position on the southern fringes of the City. You approach via stone steps up through the tiered front garden. From here you arrive in a spacious hallway which has access to the sitting room, dining room and kitchen. The sitting room has a large bay window and electric fire. The dining room has new laminate flooring and a window looking out over the rear garden. In the separate kitchen you will find a mixture of wall and base units, electric oven and gas hob and neutral linoleum flooring. Just off from the kitchen is a useful lean to housing the washing machine and providing valuable storage space for bikes and other outdoor items.
On the first floor is a good size master bedroom with a large bay window facing the front of the property and convenient built in storage drawers and wardrobes. Bedroom two is also double in size with two generous built in wardrobes and a handy wash basin and vanity unit. Bedroom three is a single with a window looking out to the rear of the property. The bathroom suite comprises of an over the bath shower, bath, basin and low level wc.
Externally the rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with a variety of established shrubs and borders. Steps lead from the back door to the end of the rear garden. At the front is a tiered low maintenance garden .
Please note the garage is not included with the rental but on street parking is available. Two students or two professional sharers will be considered.
Pets are not accepted.
Council Tax Band
Current rating is E53
Tenant fees and charges
1) Holding deposit (per tenancy) One week’s rent - £265.38 . This is to reserve the property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit(per tenancy. Rent under £50,000 per year )Five weeks’ rent.-£1326.00 This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
4) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
5) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
6) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.