Combe Down is a picturesque and historical village to the south of the Roman city of Bath.
This particular property is well placed for all amenities including local shops and award winning delicatessen, bakers, doctors, dentists and pharmacies. The local bus service alights in Combe Road providing regular services into the City and to the University.
Combe Down also has an excellent school community with its nursery and primary school located in Church Road and a further pre-school nursery in Combe Road. The immediate area also accommodates two private schools with Monkton Combe and Prior Park in close proximity and also has an excellent secondary school in Ralph Allen, which has recently been developed and extended to provide further facilities.
For the walkers amongst you the city is a little under 2 miles away and you are also afforded a plethora of countryside walks into the Cotswolds 'area of outstanding natural beauty' minutes from the village itself.
An attractive Grade II listed property set within a row of thirteen former quarry workers cottages. Located on Summer Lane in the desirable and picturesque village of Combe Down just south to the City of Bath. The cottage bestows a variety of original features from sash windows to bath stone fireplaces. Internally, this stylish home also has plenty of modern features and fittings.
You arrive in the entrance hallway with access to all ground floor rooms. The dining room is light and spacious an ideal space for family living / dining. The center piece is a striking bath stone fireplace complete with log burner. Going straight through to the kitchen you find modern fitted base units with wooden worktop and additional storage provided by fitted shelves. The feature of the kitchen has to be the large stainless steel range cooker with 5 gas ring burners and a stainless steel splashback. Further light is captured through the Velux window. A washing machine, fridge/freezer and dishwasher are also included. Just off the dining room is the sitting room complete with a bath stone feature fireplace, this is a lovely space for a family to relax and enjoy. Also, on this floor is a cloakroom with white wc and white modern style basin and chrome tap.
Taking the stairs up to the first floor you will find a spacious landing providing access to the bedrooms and the family bathroom. All bedrooms are south facing and have views over the front garden and village. The master bedroom is a good size double and has a useful built in storage cupboard. Bedroom two is a double, and bedroom three is a decent size single. The contemporary style bathroom has a white suite including an over the bath shower and airing cupboard.
Externally, to the rear of the property is a courtyard garden. To the front there is a low maintenance enclosed patio area, ideal for entertaining and barbecues or for just relaxing and enjoying the views. The well-kept garden has an easement and is perfect for families to enjoy. Mainly laid to lawn with a raised shingle bed running along the far side.
Permitted fees & charges
1) A holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 14 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.