This property is located on the southern slopes of the city of Bath in the highly desired village of Combe Down. Combe Down's rewarding valley top position provides stunning panoramic views of the city to the north with equally gratifying views of the Cotswold valleys to the south. The surrounding area cultivates ancient woodland which is the home of unique and local flora and fauna. The village itself has a very high sense of community spirit and self sufficiency. With local amenities providing every level of schooling and childcare, dentists, pharmacies and doctors surgery. Also within the village is a car garage, award winning delicatessen, hair salon, beauty therapist, Bath Bakery, hardware store and Co-op mini-market. Locally a Tesco Express with petrol station and a large Sainsburys supermarket can also be found. Every level of schooling can be found in the local vicinity with three nurseries, Academy primary school, Ralph Allen senior school and three independent schools in Prior Park, Monkton Combe and Paragon. Nearby you will also find the excellent country club Combe Grove Manor, which provides fine dining, gymnasium, swimming facilities, golf range and tennis courts. The local bus service is in close proximity providing half hourly services into the city. For the walkers amongst you Bath Spa station is a shade over 1 mile from the property and you are also afforded a plethora of countryside walks into an 'area of outstanding natural beauty' minutes from the village itself.
A beautifully refurbished and extended two double bedroom cottage situated in the highly desirable village of Combe Down. Immaculately presented throughout, the interior is really well designed including an exceptional high level of finish and materials.
You enter the property into a spacious hallway with a high glass ceiling allowing for plenty of natural light. From here is access to the kitchen/sitting and dining room and the downstairs bedroom and utility. The ground floor has been extended offering a cosy and homely open plan kitchen/diner and living space. Double fully glazed doors open out into the private rear garden.
The kitchen has a range of wall and base units complete with a fitted dishwasher, Microwave, fridge/freezer, electric oven and gas hob. You also find the second bedroom (double in size) situated on the ground floor along with the bathroom and a useful utility room equipped with a washer machine and dryer.
Taking the stairs up to the first floor is the double main bedroom with views looking out over the rear garden. Just off from the bedroom is a useful dressing room with plenty of built in storage. The shower ensuite isa good size with a large shower.
Externally you find a delightful private and secure garden. Situated at the bottom of the garden is a good size secure garage and parking.
Please note the second bedroom is on the ground floor.
This property is not available to students or sharers.
Permitted fees and charges
1) A holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent £370 This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 21 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) equivalent to five weeks’ rent £1850 This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
Energy Performance Rating
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.