This basement flat is set within a striking period property situated on the southern slopes of the city of Bath in a highly desired village location. Combe Down's position provides stunning panoramic views of the city to the north with equally gratifying views of the Cotswold valleys to the south. The village itself has a very high sense of community spirit and self sufficiency. With local amenities providing a bank, doctors surgery, dentists and pharmacies. Within the village there is a car garage, award winning delicatessen, art gallery, and hairdressers . Locally a Tesco Express with petrol station and a large Sainsburys supermarket can also be found. The local bus service is in close proximity providing half hourly services into the city. For the keen walkers (or cyclists) Bath Spa station is a shade over 1.5 mile from the property.
The flat is conveniently accessed by a side entrance gate off Belmont Road. Stone steps lead down to the garden and entrance. Upon entering the property, you immediately arrive in the reception room complete with a kitchenette that is well equipped with wall and base units, electric hob and oven, extractor and shelving. From here you have access to the shower room and wc. There is a hallway from the reception room leading to the front door of the flat and the double bedroom.
The property would ideally suit a single occupancy and benefits from its own parking space. It’s been recently redecorated throughout in addition to new carpets.
Energy performance rating
Council tax band
Permitted fees and charges
1) A Holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 21 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) of equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.