Mulberry Park is a new development of 700 homes in Combe Down village built on the site of the former Admiralty MOD base. The nursery, primary school and community hub/cafe are all now complete and fully functional with the hub being particularly popular with local residents old and new. This property is within a short walking distance of all new amenities, school, community hub and Bath's first new park in 100 years at the centre of the development once complete in 2022.
Combe Down's rewarding valley top position provides stunning panoramic views of the city to the north with equally gratifying views of the Cotswold valleys to the south. The surrounding area cultivates ancient woodland which is the home of unique and local flora and fauna. The village itself has a very high sense of community spirit and self sufficiency. With local amenities providing every level of schooling and childcare, dentists, pharmacies and 'outstanding' surgery. Within the village there is also a car garage, award winning delicatessen, hair salon, beauty therapist, bakery, post office and Co-op mini-market. Locally a Tesco Express with petrol station and a large Sainsburys supermarket can also be found. Every level of schooling can be found in the local vicinity with three nurseries, Academy primary school, Ralph Allen senior school and three independent schools in Prior Park, Monkton Combe and Paragon. Nearby you will also find the excellent country club Combe Grove Manor, which provides fine dining, gymnasium, swimming facilities, golf range and tennis courts. The local bus service is in close proximity providing half hourly services into the city. For the walkers among you Bath Spa station is a shade over 1.5 mile from the property and you are also afforded a plethora of countryside walks into an 'area of outstanding natural beauty' minutes from the village itself.
The property is a two-bedroom mid terrace house. At the front is a fully paved driveway and to the rear is an enclosed garden.
Upon entering the property, you immediately arrive in the spacious hallway, from here there is access to the kitchen, reception room and downstairs wc. The hallway itself has a useful storage space under the stairs and is light and spacious. In the kitchen you find a variety of white modern wall and base units, integrated fridge/freezer, integrated electric oven and gas hob, washing/dryer, chrome sink, chrome splashback and dishwasher. The kitchen looks out over the front of the property. The reception room makes an ideal lounge/dining space with access to the rear garden. There is also an understairs cupboard offering useful storage. From the sitting room there is access to the rear garden and patio in addition to a spacious under stairs cupboard. There is also a downstairs wc on this floor.
Upstairs are two double bedrooms. Bedroom one looks out over the rear garden and has a shower ensuite complete with a walk-in shower, low level wc and wash basin. Bedroom two has a built-in storage cupboard and large windows to the front of the house. The bathroom includes a shower over the bath, bath, toilet, wash basin and heated towel rail.
The front has a paved driveway and there is on street parking. The well-maintained back garden is laid partly to lawn and has a paved area ideal for seating a lawn and a delightful summer house with its own electric supply.
All internal doors are oak foiled wrapped with contemporary chrome handles. All flooring and décor is neutral throughout. The property includes a ventilation system continually moving air around and replacing it with fresh air ensuring its ventilated without having to open windows and doors. High Performance glazed windows are used and low energy lighting has been fixed in all outlets.
Energy Performance Rating
Current rating B
Permitted fees and charges
1) A holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 14 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management, their clients and any joint agents give notice that: They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning; building regulation or other consents and TYNINGS have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Viewers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.