Norton St Philip is a quaint and popular village in Somerset. Located equally 7 miles from City of Bath and the market town of Frome. This quintessential village is in the district of Mendip and provides glorious views of the surrounding Mendip hills. An regular bus service running through the village will take you either to Bath or Frome. Travel time to both is under 25 minutes making it ideally placed for commuting. Freshford train station is just over four miles away from the village and offers free parking.
Locally there are two pubs including the highly recommended George Inn, one of a number of establishments that claims to be Britain’s oldest tavern, and is located in the centre of the village. The local church of St Philip and St James dates from the 14th century with restoration in 1847 by Sir George Gilbert Scott, in total there are three churches within the village.
A convenience shop has recently opened adding to the growing range of amenities and a post office. For families there is a friendly village Preschool and Primary School in addition to various community groups and a Youth Club.
Local attractions include Longleat near Warminster, Babington House and Stourhead gardens.
A delightful and ideally situated detached family home nestled in the popular and quaint village of Norton St Philip.
The property itself is on a good size plot with a single garage and carport. Plenty of living space downstairs with the benefit of a separate utility room and downstairs shower/wc. Lots of storage space is provided throughout the property. It has gas central heating and double-glazed windows and doors. The décor is neutral throughout including modern fixtures and fittings.
Once inside you arrive in a spacious and light hallway. From here is access to the sitting and dining room and the conservatory. Access to the rear garden can be through either the double-glazed doors in the conservatory or dining room. The modern kitchen provides plenty of storage with a range of wall and base units, appliances include electric oven and hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher. There is also a utility room equipped with freestanding washing machine and separate dryer in addition to a downstairs shower room/wc.
Taking the stairs to the first floor you find four bedrooms and a contemporary fitted family bathroom complete with a shower over the bath. Three of the bedrooms are double and one is single.
Externally is a lawned garden to the front of the property, single garage, carport and driveway. The rear garden has a patio area and is laid partly to lawn with a paved path leading around the outside of the property. A useful shed is included and a gate providing access to the car port.
An increase of the monthly rent to the amount of £25 will apply if pets are included in the tenancy.
Energy Performance rating
Current rating D 66
Permitted fees and charges
1) A holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 14 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. TYNINGS Letting & Property Management have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Potential Tenants must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.