This period property was built around 1830 and up until recent times was used as a Post Office. You enter the property through a ground level door into the entrance hallway. From here is access to the bathroom and stairs to the upper floor. Once upstairs you have access to all rooms. The kitchen is a galley design with modern wall and base units and tiled walls. It has 4-pane wooden sash window to the southerly aspect which provides lovely countryside views.
The dual aspect living room provides a feature fireplace and two wooden 16-pane glazed sash windows to the northern aspect. It also provides access to bedroom one where again you will find dual aspect 16-pane sash windows with one providing panoramic views towards the Midford valley and Westbury White Horse hill. The second single bedroom also provides another 16-pane sash window with similar views. Outside you will find on-street parking in Combe Road or the adjacent Combe Road Close.
This property is located on the southern slopes of the city of Bath and is centrally situated in the highly desired village of Combe Down. Combe Down's rewarding valley top position provides stunning panoramic views of the city to the north with equally gratifying views of the Cotswold valleys to the south. The surrounding area cultivates ancient woodland which is the home of unique and local flora and fauna. The village itself has a very high sense of community spirit and self sufficiency. With local amenities providing every level of schooling and childcare, doctors surgery, dentists and pharmacies. Within the village there is a highly reputed car garage, award winning delicatessen, Bakery and Co-op mini-market. Locally a Tesco Express with petrol station and a large Sainsburys supermarket can also be found. Every level of schooling can be found in the local vicinity with three nurseries, primary school, Ralph Allen senior school and three independent schools in Prior Park, Monkton Combe and Paragon. Nearby you will also find the excellent country club, Combe Grove Manor, which provides fine dining, gymnasium, swimming facilities, golf range and tennis courts. The local bus service is in close proximity providing half hourly services into the city. For the walkers amongst you Bath Spa station is a shade over 1.5 mile from the property and you are also afforded a plethora of countryside walks into an 'area of outstanding natural beauty' minutes from the village itself.
17' 2'' x 3' 8'' (5.22m x 1.13m)
Wooden front door with Yale lock, carpet throughout, wall mounted radiator, coving, mains fire alarm, lockable under stairs cupboard, door to bathroom, access to stairs.
6' 1'' x 4' 4'' (1.86m x 1.32m)
White bathroom suite comprising, bath with mains shower over, low level w.c, wash hand basin, fully tiled to walls and floor, extractor fan, wall mounted ladder radiator.
Stairs to First Floor
16' 6'' x 10' 0'' (5.03m x 3.06m)
Dual aspect sash windows, spot lights throughout, neutral carpet, two wall mounted radiators, storage cupboard to alcove, fireplace with electric coal effect fire and wooden surround, telephone point, television point, coving.
10' 1'' x 6' 4'' (3.08m x 1.93m)
With a range of kitchen wall and base units, integrated electric oven with electric hob, Hoover washing machine, whirlpool condenser dryer, inset stainless steel sink drainer unit, tiling to the floor, ceramic splash back, sash window to rear, spot lights throughout, wall mounted radiator, coving, wooden venetian blinds.
Carpeted. Wall mounted radiator. Wooden glazed sash windows to two aspects. Wall mounted consumer unit.
11' 11'' x 6' 7'' (3.62m x 2.01m)
Sash window to side aspect, wall mounted radiator, storage cupboard with Worcester combi boiler, coving, carpet throughout.
On-street in Combe Road outside of the property.
Standard broadband up to 16Mb (estimated speed: 7.5Mb)
High speed broadband up to 38Mb (estimated speed: 17Mb)
Fibre optic broadband up to 76Mb
Band - D
Permitted fees and charges
1) A holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right-to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 14 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
2) Security Deposit (per tenancy) equivalent to Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
3) One months rent in advance less the holding deposit if an application is successful.
4) Unpaid interest. Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
5) Lost Key(s) or other Security Device(s)Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
6) Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request) -£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
7) Change of Sharer (Tenant’s Request)-£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
8) Early Termination (Tenant’s Request)-Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
TYNINGS Letting & Property Management, their clients and any joint agents give notice that: They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning; building regulation or other consents and TYNINGS have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.